Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Cultural Revelations from "Far East LA"

I'm a West Coaster. Unconditionally.

I was born in Alaska, grew up in Northern California, went to school in Oregon and spent the last twelve years in Los Angeles. Hell, I even stayed on the West Coast of South America when I spent a semester there back in college. I've barely even visited the East Coast, much less considered living outside of the Western half of the country.

But after limping through 2008 and taking stock of our lives, in August of 2009 my husband and I made the enormous decision to pack up our kids and everything we own and move to New York City.

Just ponder that for a moment. It seems simple on the surface. LA to NY; big city to big city; entertainment, fashion and commercial centers of these United States.

After six months in the City, I can tell you with absolute certainty that there is no comparison.

Join me here as I ruminate on the differences between East and West and expound on the world of digital media.

No comments:

Post a Comment